By Julian De Ocampo ’13
“The Bronco Beat Podcast” is a monthly music podcast hosted by Roundup staff members.
In this episode Julian De Ocampo ’13, Roan Enright ’13 and contributor Charles Dominguez ’14 man the microphone.
The show’s goal is to highlight music recommendations from staff members and other guests. Each song is discussed and analyzed before a clip of the song is played.
This second episode features songs that were meant to be blasted at full volume. The theme, inspired by the release of Sleigh Bells’ new album “Reign of Terror,” features earsplitting picks from each member.
- The show kicks off with “Comeback Kid” by Sleigh Bells, a song so loud that it begs to be cranked up the highest possible volume.
- Julian’s pick – “Stay Useless” by Cloud Nothings – is introduced and discussed. Charles points out that the best songs to play out loud are sometimes the shortest. (1:48)
- Charles’s pick – “Third Uncle” by Brian Eno – is played. (4:36)
- Roan picks “Linus Spacehead” by Wavves, prompting nostalgia towards the Wavves concert at the now-defunct Clubhouse music venue. (6:50)
- Roan introduces a new segment: monthly concert listings. This month: White Rabbits, Chairlift, Neon Indian and more. (10:02)